[Kde-bindings] Re: error running korundum/rubylib/examples/dcop/dcopsignal.rb

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Jun 8 14:03:30 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 08 June 2005 14:34, Chris Gow wrote:
> Richard Dale wrote:
> > On Wednesday 08 June 2005 03:52, Chris Gow wrote:
> >> Hello:
> >>
> >> I'm attempting to run the dcopsignal.rb example but I am getting the
> >> following error:
> >>
> >> $ ./dcopsignal.rb:16:in `testEmitSignal': undefined method
> >> `fullSignalName' for KDE::Internal:Module (NoMethodError)
> >>         from ./dcopsignal.rb:16:in `doit'
> >>         from /usr/lib/site_ruby/1.8/Qt/qtruby.rb:1023:in `qt_invoke'
> >>         from /usr/lib/site_ruby/1.8/Qt/qtruby.rb:1023:in
> >> `method_missing' from /usr/lib/site_ruby/1.8/Qt/qtruby.rb:1023:in `exec'
> >> from /usr/lib/site_ruby/1.8/KDE/korundum.rb:406:in `exec' from
> >> ./dcopsignal.rb:26
> >> Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
> >>
> >> My kdebinding packages didn't come with the examples, so I downloaded
> >> the 3.4.1 kdebinding source from download.kde.org and extracted the
> >> examples from it.
> >>
> >> Any idea what's wrong? Do I have something incorrect on my system?
> >
> > Oops, yes it doesn't work for me either. I've fixed it in the svn. Please
> > find the corrected version of korundum.rb attached and try that.
>
> Hi Richard:
>
> Yes the patched korundum.rb file works great.
OK good! It regressed because of a recent attempt at cleaning up the
namespaces used in korundum - so well spotted with that bug report. I think I
I think I've worked out how to fix the problem with the connectDCOPSignal
method not working in the constructor, so I'll try and get that fixed in the
next day or two.