[Kde-bindings] ruby and connectDCOPSignal

Chris Gow sniffy at rogers.com
Tue Jun 7 02:58:51 UTC 2005

Hello:

I've just started to play with ruby and the kde bindings. According to the
documentation on developer.kde.org, I should automagically get a
connectDCOPSignal method if I have a k_dcop slots declaration. I've added
one, but whenever I attempt to call connectDCOPSignal, I get a no method
error. I'm learning both the bindings/kde development/ruby so I have no
doubt that the problem is my code :)

I'm running kde 3.4.1, kdebindings 3.4.1 on Fedora Core 3.

Here's my code:

require 'Korundum'

class KonqHistory < KDE::ListView
        k_dcop 'void notifyHistoryEntry(KonqHistoryEntry e, QCString
saveid)'

        def initialize( )
                super( nil, "KonqHistory"  )
                addColumn( i18n( "Konqueror History" ) )
                connectDCOPSignal( nil, nil,
'notifyHistoryEntry(KonqHistoryEntr
y e, QCString saveid)', 'notifyHistoryEntry(KonqHistoryEntry e, QCString
saveid)
', false )
        end

        def notifyHistoryEntry( entry, saveid )
                puts "ENTRY ADDED"
        end
end

about = KDE::AboutData.new( "KonquerorHistory", "Konqueror History", "0.1" )
KDE::CmdLineArgs.init( ARGV, about )

konqHistory = KDE::UniqueApplication.new( );
list = KonqHistory.new
list.resize( 300, 200 )

konqHistory.mainWidget = list
list.show