[Kde-bindings] -lknewstuff

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 8 11:45:46 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 06 July 2005 08:03, Ashley Winters wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I was compiling -lsmokekde from KDE-3.4 svn and it complained about
> missing symbols from a couple KDE libraries.
>
> Specifically, -lkmdi and -lknewstuff weren't linked in.
> $(LIB_KNEWSTUFF) wasn't on the libsmokekde_la_LIBADD line of
> smoke/kde/Makefile.am, and $(LIB_KMDI) was simply blank in the
> generated Makefile.
The knewstuff lib is in the LIBADD line as $(LIB_KNS)

> Anyone else run into this, or is it peculiar to my breed of kubuntu?
It should look for the libs according to the current kde version in the
configure script:

    AC_TRY_LINK([
      #include <kdeversion.h>
    ],
    [
      #if KDE_VERSION < ((3<<16) | (3<<8) | (92))
         KDE_choke me
      #endif
    ],

Then set up $(LIB_KMDI) and $(LIB_KNS) according to the version of KDE found.
I don't know if kubuntu has messed with the kdeversion.h header in some way.
Maybe the configure check fails for some other reason - is there any message
in the config.log about why the check failed?