[Kde-bindings] QThread through smoke?

Ashley Winters jahqueel at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 12 02:38:31 UTC 2005

--- Caleb Tennis <caleb at gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Friday 11 February 2005 10:35 am, Caleb Tennis wrote:
> > I've been wondering about using the QThread class instead of
> builtin thread
> > support - particularly in Ruby.  From what I can see, the smoke
> bindings
> > allow for the "qthread.h" header to be parsed, but it seems like
> kalyptus
> > doesn't build a binding for it (at least, it doesn't on my system).
>  Is
> > there a reason for this?

Well, there's a reason for it in Perl, but I don't know if it's the
same in Ruby. The Perl interpreter and variables aren't thread-safe, so
each thread gets its own interpreter and variables (unlike C++, Perl
variables aren't shared across threads except through special
shared&locked variables)

Ashley