[Kde-bindings] Qyoto: SIGNALS/SLOTS

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Wed Dec 14 19:22:00 UTC 2005

On Wednesday December 14 2005 1:43 pm, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found the following in you code:
> IntPtr s = (this.Instance as QtSharp).RawObject;
>
> does 'RawObject' point to the underlying C++ instance?
> If it does, a second question: How do I get the pointer to the
> C++-instance? It tried it with 'GCHandle.Alloc' but that doesn't seem to
> work.

Yes, it does.  You can find the code for RawObject and the handling of C++
pointer interaction in the attached file.

Here is the location for all the behind-the-scenes mechanisms for the
unreleased version of Qt#.  This is the latest code that I worked on and it
did work up to the point you are looking to get, but I think you are on the
right track with the smoke bindings.

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/qtcsharp/qtsharp/src/newbindings/static/

As soon as you get beyond this... ie, get virtuals working and the example
applications, i'll point everything towards Qyoto as the way forward.

Adam