[Kde-bindings] playground/bindings/kimono

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 18:52:50 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 07 December 2005 17:47, Arno Rehn wrote:
> > Is there a way of invoking some code on loading a package in C#? So we
> > could call Qyoto_Init() automatically.
>
> I don't think there's such a way, but we could call the method everytime a
> QApplication is constructed. Without this class being constructed no
> function in Qt will succeed, except things like QMessageBox. And if someone
> only wants a QMessageBox, he can simply call 'Qyoto_init()'.
Yes, that's what I'd thought of doing - I'll add that call to the QApplication
constructor.

Another issue is adding the name of the executable to the argv string[] array
passed to the QApplication constructor. I've been searching today for some
info on how to get the program name, but haven't found anything. All my books
about C# are back in the UK, so I can't look it up. If you can find anything
about it, or maybe getting the name of the class with Main() in it if the
executable name isn't available.