[Kde-bindings] Hacking moc-generated code

Eric Jardim ericjardim at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 06:28:37 UTC 2005

2005/8/31, Ashley Winters <jahqueel at yahoo.com>:

> Here's how I would document Qt4's qt_metacall:

Thanks, sooooo, much Ashley :)

I am starting to think that playing with qt_metacall will solve all of my
python-qt4 problems. Instead of defining "signals" as protected functions, I
can redirect it to Python methods. I just have to create a dynamic (not
static) QMetaObject for each instace o Python extended QObject. That's the
main difference betwee C++ and Python implementations of Qt.

I am only worried about if this is portable across platforms. But I think it
is. There is not mystery in QMetaObject class. It is just a boilerplate
code. The "party" goes inside those private (pimpl) classes of Qt.

Let's see what I can do with it! Now I'll create a pymoc script :)

Thanks, again...

[Eric Jardim]