[Kde-bindings] Hacking moc-generated code

Eric Jardim ericjardim at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 03:47:15 UTC 2005

Hi,

I am doing Python bindings for the Qt4 library (with Boost.Python), and I
would like to know/share what do you know about the moc generated code.

Indeed, as you may know, this code does the "tricks" necessary to make
signals/slots work. I am looking for docs or experiences with the moc
(specially with the Qt4) generated code, to be able to put Python extended
Widgets inside QtDesigner, and later embedded on C++.

All, I know that everything points to this "qt_metacall(QMetaObject::Call
_c, int _id, void **_a)" function, but it is a little hard to understand the
code. I tried googling to find the specs or something but I just this:
http://jahqueel.blogspot.com/2005/06/smoke-for-kde4.html
http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/1149

I also searched the Qt docs, but it is very superficial (that's ok for
regular Qt users). So, I have to do the moc job, and create this
qt_metacall, method and point it to the right Python funtions.

BTW, here are the Python bindings. There are working examples on it:
http://developer.berlios.de/projects/python-qt4/
Try the downloadable version (not the SVN), please, and have fun :)

Thanks,

[Eric Jardim]