[Kde-bindings] ruby+korundum app crashes at exit

Thibauld Favre thibauld.favre at laposte.net
Mon Oct 11 14:09:12 UTC 2004

Le Lundi 11 Octobre 2004 15:56, Richard Dale a écrit :
> > I updated and made a few tests... So far so good, I cannot get my app to
> > crash at exit. I'll get back to you if other crashes occur. Concerning my
> > app, I think you could get it running easily by removing the dependency
> > on mysql in DataManager.rb (require 'mysql.so' at the top of the file). I
> > tested and it should be ok...
>
> Are ok, I might try that, but I'm hoping this new 'application_terminated'
> flag will fix the app exit crashes.
Still no crashes to report so far... I'm beginning to think that your new flag
completely fixed the problem, which is great :)

> I downloaded the ruby mysql extension. But then I found it depended on
> installing MySql, which in turn depended on various perl modules.. So it
> looked like it would take all day.
You're using Gentoo aren't you ? ;)

> Then I wondered whether it would have been a good idea to use the Qt::Sql*
> classes instead of the ruby extension to connect to the database. Did you
> look into that way at all?
Well, I first began that way but there was a lot of code to be written so,
being now used to ruby simplicity (and _extremely_ lazy :)), I quickly gave
up to find out the ruby way. I also thought it would be cleaner to proceed
that way. So far, I don't regret my choice.

Regards,

Thibauld