[Kde-bindings] rbuic problem ?

Thibauld Favre tfavre at mandrakesoft.com
Fri Oct 8 08:56:44 UTC 2004

Le Jeudi 7 Octobre 2004 19:57, Richard Dale a écrit :
> Yes, I get the warning messages too for your tableau_bord example. But I
> didn't for the Color Tool app example. I'll have to look into what the
> difference is. I'm not sure about your problems with attr_reader because
> the whole point of it is that it means you don't access the instance
> variable directly and an accessor method is generated automatically.
I agree, I mistook. I thought that attr_reader was equivalent to "get+set"
methods when it actually only a reader (hence the name attr_*reader* :)).
However, even if it's less of a problem because it doesn't break the
encapsulation, it still offers *by default* visibility to every object which
might not be wanted... This is why I still support making it an rbuic option.

> I thought I'd improved the KApplication exit behaviour, but it looks like
> it got worse - oh well.. It doesn't happen for me though.
You mean it does not crash with my app either ? I can send you the last
version that crashes if you wish...

Thibauld