[Kde-bindings] Qtruby -- assorted questions

Han Holl han.holl at pobox.com
Thu Oct 7 14:49:10 UTC 2004

Hi Richard, it's me again.

I've attached an archive again, and if you want to replay that, I have the
following questions, which may or may not be qtruby bugs, or errors on my
part.

In PalgaEdit#focusInEvent, why does the following loop not work:
    obj = self
    while obj.respond_to?(:parent)
      obj = obj.parent
      STDERR.puts("P: #{obj.class} #{obj.object_id}")
    end

(I've tried several variants bot no luck).

If I run as MainWindow (give 'main' as argument), the geometry is all
foobarred. Nothing in the documentation that I could find has anything on
this. It should make no difference, should it ?

TabWidget#addTab seems to return nil. The docs say it returns an integer.

Well, that's it for now.

Cheers,

Han Holl