[Kde-bindings] Yet another segfault

Han Holl han.holl at pobox.com
Sun Oct 3 18:28:49 UTC 2004

On Sunday 03 October 2004 19:49, Richard Dale wrote:

> Try this version of qtuby.rb, it is a lot more fussy about arg type
> matching errors, and shouldn't crash if you make mistakes.
>
> -- Richard

Haven't been able to crash this at all. Thanks a lot for the fixes.
I don't know how difficult this would be, but for people who are new  to Qt
the following would be nice:
If I call:  lay.addWidget(lp) (where lp is a Qt::Layout)

I get:
undefined method  `addWidget' for #<Qt::HBoxLayout:0x411ef3dc> (NoMethodError)

Nicer would be:
undefined method  `addWidget(Qt::Layout)' for #<Qt::HBoxLayout:0x411ef3dc>
(NoMethodError)

After all, addWidget id defined, but with a different signature.
Even nicer would be something on the lines of C++ compilers:
candidates are: addWidget(Qt::Widget,int,int)

But I wouldn't give it any priority, or too much time.

Cheers,

Han Holl