[Kde-bindings] Undefined Reference to 'typeinfo for ....

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri May 21 09:40:32 UTC 2004

On Friday 21 May 2004 09:47, Fabien Renaud wrote:
> Richard Dale wrote:
> >>
> >>I've downloaded qt-2.3.4 with 'wget
> >>http://externe.net/zaurus/opie/qt-embedded-opie-2.3.4.tbz' and run the
> >>headers through kalyptus. Please find attached the QScrollBar.java source
> >>generated. It has a bound() method and looks fine to me. Is this
> >> different from the QScrollBar.java that you generated?
> >
> >I've fixed a few code generation problems with Qt/E 2.3.4, and the java
> > code now compiles fine. I've checked the fixed kalyptusCxxToJNI.pm into
> > the HEAD branch (it will still work fine with Qt 3.0).
>
> Where did you change code ?
I'm still working on the changes to kalyptus. I've added a '--qte' option, and
the .cpp sources are now quite close to compiling as well as the java.

> >This is how I generated the sources. Copy the Qt 2.3.4 headers into
> >kalyptus/test, and run this command:
> >
> >$ perl kalyptus -fjni -dtest --globspace test/*.h
> >
> >I've attached lists of which java classes compiled ok, and which didn't -
> > only the ones in the 'good_classes' list should be added to the qtjava
> > project.
> >
> >I haven't tried compiling the JNI .cpp files yet, but there shouldn't be
> > too many problems now the java code compiles.
> You said me I only need kalyptus and qtjava but I need koala too, no ?
Koala is just the name for the KDE java bindings, so sorry that isn't needed.

> You said me the Makefile can build everything, but where can I find a
> good one?
> Is it possible to generate it ?
I couldn't get automake/autoconf to work with Qt 2, so I've been using qmake
to generate a Makefile to compile the .cpp sources.

I've built Qt/E 2.3.4 now and got an example working, although the example app
I tried wouldn't accept mouse clicks in the framebuffer emulator - I need to
find out more about that.

> I took another and I had to remove *Signals.java and *EventHandling.java
> to success compilation
>
> I´ll try .h generation
Perhaps the best thing is to wait until I can get everything built and
working. I haven't checked in the kalyptus changes for .cpp code generation
fixes and '--qte' option. Assuming there aren't any major unexpected problems
with linking, a hello world app should be working later today.

I'll send you the current kalyptus code via email as it's too large for the
kdebindings list.