[Kde-bindings] Undefined Reference to 'typeinfo for ....

Fabien Renaud renaud at nentec.de
Wed May 19 09:04:05 UTC 2004

Richard Dale wrote:

>On Tuesday 18 May 2004 09:29, Fabien Renaud wrote:
>

>>Is it a problem if I don´t have KDE and I don´t want to use any lib from
>>KDE or X11 ( I´ll use qt virtual frame buffer om my ARM box) ?
>>Unfornately I cannot comment out methods because I have problem with a
>>lot of them (including qwidhet, qworkspace, ...)
>>

>So it sounds as though it would be a better idea to regenerate them all with
>the current kalyptus to me. Is there a version of the Qt/E libs that run
>under Linux/X11 in emulation mode or similar? Then I could download them and
>help out.

With qte 2.3.4, you can use qt virtual frame buffer.

>>Thanks you for your explanations because I didn´t know that all is
>>generated. Actually I only downloaded qtjava without kdebindings.
>>

>You just need kdebindings/qtjava and kdebindings/kalyptus from the module -
>there aren't any dependencies on kde in those. There are some source files
>which aren't autogenerated - eg QtSupport.cpp/.h or JavaSlot.cpp/.h, along
>with some java ones. There should only be minor changes needed to backport
>them to Qt 2.x I think.
>
>-- Richard
>

>>Kalyptus is just a perl program, so it shouldn't really need to check for the
>>Qt libs. It just needs running like this:

>>$ kalyptus -fjni <all the qt headers>

>>Then copy the .java sources for the classes in the Qt 2.x qtjava project, and
>>remove any sources that weren't generated and aren't needed anymore.

Ok I generate cpp and java but I have some warnings:

kalyptus: processing /home/commgw/renaud/commbox/cross-qt/qt/include/qlabel.h
warning: QLabel inherits unknown class 'QFrame'
Generating bindings for jni language...
Starting writeDoc for ...
QPtrCollection not found at kalyptusCxxToJNI.pm line 2328.
Preparsing...
QSize isn't a known type (type=QSize)
QSizePolicy isn't a known type (type=QSizePolicy)
QString isn't a known type (type=QString)
TextFormat isn't a known type (type=TextFormat)
WFlags isn't a known type (type=WFlags)
Writing *.java...
Done.

Fabien