[Kde-bindings] Problem with qtjava

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 11:51:34 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 24 March 2004 10:55, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> Richard Dale writes:
> > On Wednesday 24 March 2004 01:26, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I've been trying to write a test qtjava app, but I have the
> >> following problem:
> >>
> >> The kdebindings/qtjava/README file says to execute
> >> qtjava.initialize() in the static initializer for the main class,
> >> and apparently, this method does exist in the qtjava sources, but
> >> the file qtjava.java is not installed.
> >>
> >> Can anyone look into this ?
> >
> > qtjava.java should be compiled and installed inside qtjava.jar, so
> > as long as that's on your classpath it should work ok.
>
> It is not compiled, as it is not in any _JAVA target in the
> Makefile.am
Yes, you're right. It was in the KDevelop project, but KDevelop hadn't added
it to the Makefile.am for some reason. I found it built a 'classnoinst.stamp'
file in org/kde/qt rather than 'classjava.stamp' (because you've removed the
.class file installs I assume). So I changed that too.

It used to compile the qtjava.class anyway for me, even though it wasn't in
the Makefile.am, which is why I haven't noticed before.