[Kde-bindings] Re: py(Qt|KDE) and KDE CVS

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 23 01:55:32 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 23 March 2004 00:05, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> Alexander Kellett writes:
> > we ain't gnome i happen to like large repos the reason behind
> > kdebindings current huge size is simple. crap bindings. yay for
> > smoke.
>
> Let's not exaggerate smoke's meaning.  It ain't all that important,
> really.  Let's exaggerate kalyptus' meaning.  It's gonna save the
> world !  ( yes, I'm drunk ;) )
Well in my opinion Ashley's Smoke is by far the most innovative software in
kdebindings (and KDE?). No contest I'm afraid.

What I've done recently is realise it can be used for static languages like
java and C# via their dynamic proxy features. When Smoke was designed it was
only expected to be useful for dynamic languages like perl and ruby.