[Kde-bindings] Qt# Bindings: news and status

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 19:26:57 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 19:54, Adam Treat wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 June 2004 1:36 pm, Richard Dale wrote:
> > I'm quite close to actually invoking a method with the Smoke based Kimono
> > bindings - please find the qtdotnet_0.2.tar.gz snapshot attached. I've
> > got the code generation sorted for both the Qt and KDE headers with the
> > kalyptus '-fkimono' option. I'll post progress on this list, and I hope
> > we can
>
> compare
>
> > notes in the spirit of friendly cooperation - just exploring the
> > technical alternatives in a relatively 'egoless' manner. I would like to
> > avoid flamewars that might put people off working on other language
> > bindings.. Anyone familiar with the PerlQt or QtRuby code should be able
> > to spot the similarities with the C# version.
>
> Sounds great Richard.  I'll have a look at your latest smoke based stuff
> later tonight.  To be honest, dealing with kalyptus (read: perl) is more
> than I can bare, but I'm eager to see where you go with the smoke based
> bindings ;)
Good - lets make several things happen, compare and contrast then see where we
end up..

> Does the attached tarball work with pnet or do you know?
> Cheers.
No it only works with mono - it fails with this bit in pnet:

		protected void CreateQFontProxy() {
			SmokeInvocation realProxy = new SmokeInvocation(typeof(QFont), this);
			_interceptor = (QFont) realProxy.GetTransparentProxy();
		}

It looks as though TransparentProxies aren't implemented.

Regards