[Kde-bindings] Qt# Bindings: news and status

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 17:36:58 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 29 June 2004 17:28, Adam Treat wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> So, after some recent conversations with Marcus, I have begun working on
> Binge and the new Qt# bindings again.  Scroll down for some reasoning.
>
> Richard, I don't know how far you are along with the Smoke based C#
> bindings - or if you're still working on them - but I've decided to
> continue with Binge in lieu of your alternative.  Don't worry, Binge
> doesn't require any QtC bindings anymore ;)  It also is being generated via
> Doxygen xml, so that's nice.
Hi Adam

This sounds interesting I think Rich Moore is also using doxygen xml for
kjsembed bindings.

I'm quite close to actually invoking a method with the Smoke based Kimono
bindings - please find the qtdotnet_0.2.tar.gz snapshot attached. I've got
the code generation sorted for both the Qt and KDE headers with the kalyptus
'-fkimono' option. I'll post progress on this list, and I hope we can compare
notes in the spirit of friendly cooperation - just exploring the technical
alternatives in a relatively 'egoless' manner. I would like to avoid
flamewars that might put people off working on other language bindings..
Anyone familiar with the PerlQt or QtRuby code should be able to spot the
similarities with the C# version.