[Kde-bindings] [Korundum] Crash KDE::Application.new

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 7 12:33:21 UTC 2004

On Monday 07 June 2004 13:06, Alex Martin Ugalde wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> > Can you attach with gdb to the process to get a better idea of what is
> > crashing?
>
> Sure, but i guess i have bad news, this is the backtrace i got:

> 0x401d9ec3 in ?? ()
> (gdb) where
> #0  0x401d9ec3 in ?? ()
> #43 0x401829ed in ?? ()
>
> :X ....
>
> Seeing this unless bakctrace, i guess i needed to compile KDE or QTRuby
> with "-g" flag, didn't I?
>
> Anyway, has configure script any parameter to compile using "-g" flag?,
> or i need to setup it manually to compile with debug information?
I think you have a krubyinit/phreads initialise problem. There's usually
something or other about threads in the crash trace, but your's is
exceptionally uninformative :(

> > Could you try building krubyinit and run the example under that, to see
> > if it still crashes?
>
> It doesn't output anything:
>
> $ krubyinit bomb.rb
> $
>
> and running it with -d or -w flags, it outputs:
>
> $ krubyinit -w bomb.rb
> /usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/KDE/korundum.rb:148: warning: `*' interpreted
> as argument prefix $
That looks correct to me - you need to add a bit more logic to bomb.rb before
it will do anything, eg:

about = KDE::AboutData.new("knotifywidgetbase", "KNotifyWidgetBase", "0.1")
KDE::CmdLineArgs.init(ARGV, about)
a = KDE::Application.new
hello = Qt::Widget.new(nil, "foobar")
a.mainWidget = hello
hello.show()
a.exec()

If that works via krubyinit, then you should be all ok..