[Kde-bindings] qtruby on macosx

jm jm at transact.com.au
Fri Jun 4 05:59:05 UTC 2004

I'm attempting to get qtruby going on a macosx machine without any
luck. I've downloaded kdebindings (several versions) to get smoke and
qtruby after someone on the ruby-talk mailing list pointed me in that
direction. The readme in the qtruby directory implied it was possible
to get it to work without kde. This doesn't seem to be the case at the
moment so I've downloaded kdelibs and kdebase even though they are not
needed for the end use, just to make configure happy. This has ended in
tears as well usually with,

libtool: link: cannot find the library `'
make[5]: *** [libDCOP.la] Error 1

while attempting to compile kdelibs.

I've also posted to the qtforum without any response so far,

http://qtforum.org/thread.php?threadid=1519&sid=

Any info on how to get this going are welcome as this is starting to
drive me nuts. I think I'm just missing something somewhere (knowledge
of autoconf heading the list).

Jeff.