[Kde-bindings] .Net DCOP Subsystem.

Ilyak Kasnacheev ilyak at office.uw.ru
Thu Jun 3 14:21:26 UTC 2004

I'm glad to announce we have DCOP sybsystem working.
Latest DotGNU Portable.Net 'pnetlib' package now includes libICE
bindings (Xsharp.Ice), on top of what Xsharp.Dcop is implemented. It
does not rely on Qt/KDE libs, doing connections/serialisations/etc
independently.

There are some samples like stub classes generator to wrap kde/dcop
objects automatically, taking
information from dcopserver.

I would like someone to try it, tell me your opinions, help me to fix
few hacks.
Also, if you will once develop DCOP bindings for C# yourself, it will be
very benifical if we could
keep our APIs in sync.

P.S. It currenly works with pnet, it will work with mono with few, (or
maybe even without), tweaks.
P.P.S. I don't think it's endian- or bitness- safe, but i can't try on
anything other than x86/linux.