[Kde-bindings] suggestion_box << "better errors"

jm jm at transact.com.au
Mon Jul 26 06:45:45 UTC 2004

You may have already thought of this, but it would be extremely helpful
to have better error reporting from qtruby. For example,

   in `const_missing': unresolved method call (ArgumentError)

should say what method/constant it was searching for. This has hit me a
couple of times. In current case I have the same line

@accel.connectItem(@accel.insertItem(Qt::
KeySeqence.new(button.keycode)),self,SLOT(action))

in two different places one works and the other doesn't and I can't
work out why.

Another example, being the idiot that I am, I sometimes put the
application widget where I mean to put the main widget and ruby seg
faults. This produces something like this,

./stb_menubar.rb:26: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.8.1 (2003-12-25) [i686-linux]

Aborted

Jeff.