[Kde-bindings] [Korundum] Crash KDE::Application.new

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Jul 13 11:36:50 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 13 July 2004 11:09, Alexander Kellett wrote:
> krubyinit is required on several platforms...
> guess your unfortunate enough to have one of them... like me :)
>
> Alex
>
> On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 06:01:14PM +0200, Alex Martin Ugalde wrote:
> > > I think you have a krubyinit/phreads initialise problem. There's
> > > usually something or other about threads in the crash trace, but your's
> > > is exceptionally uninformative :(
> >
> > I have recompiled kdebindings without threading support:
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr --with-smoke="qt kde" --without-java
> > --disable-threading
> > make install
> > cd qtruby; make install
> > cd ../korundum; make install
> > ldconfig
> >
> > And when i run bomb.rb, it still crashes (the same error than before).
I one of the lucky few who don't seem to crash, which is nice for me but I
don't have a clue how to attempt to track it down. On Mac OS X I think we
need a similar wrapper for different reasons - there it doesn't seem possible
to make a double clickable scripting application without a compiled top level
stub.

One thing I noticed:

// this name can be used to allow apps
// to detect what they were started with
static const char* script_name = "krubyinit_app";

int main(int argc, char **argv) {
     ruby_init();
     ruby_script((char*)script_name);
     ruby_options(argc, argv);
     ruby_run();
}

If we hard code the script name won't that mess up tests against $0? - it will
be different depending on whether it was started by krubyinit. That's
intentional from the comment above, but I wonder if it would be better to
leave the script name as it is, but set an environment variable
'KRUBY_INIT_APP' instead?