cast_object_to bug / PerlQt cvs compilation (Was Re: [Kde-bindings] [Bug 71316] QtRuby : Segmentation fault when loading Qt)

Alexander Kellett lypanov at
Mon Jan 12 21:41:31 UTC 2004

On Monday 12 January 2004 22:08, Richard Dale wrote:
> I updated the current kalyptus and smoke/kde with kdelibs, and it all built
> fine for me. BTW Alex for nitive spookers the wood is 'weird'.. :)

it worked even on pressing the debug button? 
if so, thats just plain wierd as your platform
ain't crashing with blatently wrong code :)

but then it just looks stupidly wierd :)
thats me most commonly mispelt word
and so 'as it always been, since the
days when i was but a wee ickle boy,
and hopefully till the day comes that
i turn all grown up and stuff :)

> Alex's example all seemed to work as expected when I tried it. I think the
> cast_to_object() is correct, even though the malloc'ing might need to be
> tidied up. And perhaps the method rename dynamic_cast(), and passed a Class
> as arg, rather than the classname as a String.

the cast_to_object is pretty much certain correct
it just turned out that the lack of ability to lookup
constants really is a major problem as i managed
to copy the wrong value for TEXT_NODE :)

so, the fault was in the usage case. please see my 
cc:'ed commit log from a few hours back :)

(well, unless you already have and i just haven't
got to the email in my inbox yet ... :))


Matrimony isn't a word, it's a sentence.

More information about the Kde-bindings mailing list