[Kde-bindings] dcop access to html parse tree

Markus Heller markus at relix.de
Tue Aug 31 23:49:53 UTC 2004

Dear List,

how can I make konqueror do the following through DCOP:

- start up (is OK)

- open a homebanking website: Handover of the URL as a cmdline option is not
possible, because then the page will be downloaded first, and the following
submit of user data will go to the downloaded file instead of to the bank...
producing an error. I need to know which function whereabout in the scop tree
accepts the URL.

- enter the credentials to the according text fields: I need to know if and
how the parse tree of the html page is represented through DCOP. Especially,
how the various html items, especially html fields and interactive components
such as submit buttons  can be accessed through DCOP

- simulate a click on a "login" field (an image): see above. I need to submit
the previously entered credentials.

- get any kind of feedback that the login page has finished loading: I need to
know how long it took to load the page. This requires feedback in a sense
that my script monitors the dcop interface and stops the counter if the page
has been loaded. It should be possible to access the status of the little
turning or if it is the static one.

I want to do everything through DCOP, only through a script, without any user
interaction.

Thanks ahead for you ideas!

Markus