[Kde-bindings] Checklist to Build QtSharp

Adam Treat manyoso at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 17:46:45 UTC 2004

The bindings that don't require QtC are in our sourceforge repository under
the qtsharp module.  These are the BINdings GEnerator related bindings and
the relevant directories are qtsharp/src/new* and qtsharp/src/binge ...

The cvs is in a heavy state of flux and requires (at least) the following:

1. Specially patched pnetlib from Portable.NET (I'll post the patch later
tonight as well as further documentation about the state of the project)
2. csant and cscc from Portable.NET
3. mono 1.0

In addition, you'll need to interrupt the build and remove the eventFilter and
update* methods from QFileDialogGlue.cpp as well as interrupt the build of
newbindings and issue a 'csant' command.  This is because of an older api.xml
file we're using to generate (which will be updated very soon so this will go
away) and because Mono's mcs contains a bug.

Building from cvs is not for the faint of heart at the moment, but it'll be
all good Real Soon Now^TM

Cheers,

Adam Treat

PS The bindings in kde's cvs are *very* old.  When the state of the binge
generated bindings is more stable i'll be moving development back to kde's
cvs or another repository.