[Kde-bindings] Rbuic patch

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 10:45:32 UTC 2004

On Thursday 29 April 2004 22:38, Marek Janukowicz wrote:
> Hello
>
> I attach a simple patch for form.cpp in rbuic directory. The patch fixes
> some perlisms, that caused errors on loading a Ruby file generated from .ui
> file for Qt::MainWindow subclass.
Thanks for that - I've applied it to the HEAD branch in kdebindings. I thought
I'd tried all the image loading options, but I must have missed that one. I
think the code in other places it does the 'pack' stuff ok.

I've been fixing the rbuic with KDE widgets, and that's nearly done - it just
needs to require 'Korundum', instead of require 'Qt' if it finds KDE widgets
in the .ui file. The '-x' option generates a KDE top level for kde .ui files
too. When I've finished I'll promote all the changes to the KDE_3_2_BRANCH
for KDE 3.2.3.

> I also sent a patch adding QtRuby projects support to KDevelop to KDevelop
> mailing lists. I have seen this mentioned in TODO for QtRuby, so I thought
> you may want to know :)
Sounds good, that should make it easier for people to try it out - they can
generate from the project template, and start hacking the ruby code to
experiment.

I was speaking with a guy who had made a start with KDevelop/ruby on irc a
couple of months ago - I don't think it has a class parser yet. I don't know
what's involved in doing that.