[Kde-bindings] Simple KCrash question

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 13:55:58 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 27 April 2004 14:43, Martin Welch wrote:
> Unfortunately that didn't work :(
>
> I've tried different combinations of flags, parents and names with the
> same result.
If you want to test creating KMainWindows, I think I'd have a button labelled
'new window', and everytime you click that it creates a new one. Then you
could tell if the problem was with the flags/parents in window creation, or
whether it was something to do with creating windows in 'unusual places',
such as in polish().

> Is there a way to influence that KDE3/Qt3 is single threaded for a given
> application? Running the app in gdb shows that a number of threads are
> created. However, I don't know if that's KDE and/or mono.
I would be surprised if it was a problem with threads, but KDE should only
have one. As long as only this one thread deals with the GUI it should be
fine.

In java there is a 'finalizer thread' as well as the main one, but it's never
caused any trouble with the java  bindings.