[Kde-bindings] Release at the end of the month

Dominique Devriese dominique.devriese at student.kuleuven.ac.be
Sun Apr 18 18:47:43 UTC 2004

Phil Thompson writes:

>> If the user wants to use an application without a hassle, he should
>> use a packaged version of it, and use an install application that
>> takes care of installing the dependencies.  If he wants to compile
>> stuff himself, he should make sure he knows what he's doing.

> I don't believe for a moment that non-C++ bindings will make it into
> kdelibs in the near future.

Oh, k, then I misunderstood you, sorry.

> I'm just pointing out the implicit suggestion that anything other
> than C++ is a second-class language as far Qt/KDE development is
> concerned.

Well, I'm affraid that it is that way, and it always will be.  I'm a
C++ fan myself, but I can understand other people like other
languages, and I think it would be beneficial if there were important
apps in one of those lanuages.  Let's all try to do our best for this,
I guess :)  The interest that separate releases generate can also
help, of course.

cheers
domi