[Kde-bindings] Re: [Kde-java] Should we ditch support for Sun's JDK in favour of Free Software?

Adrian Petru Dimulescu adrian.dimulescu at free.fr
Thu Apr 15 21:16:41 UTC 2004

On Thursday 15 April 2004 20:37, Richard Dale wrote:

> Lets all move to gcj, what is the point of supporting Sun's stuff unless
> we're paid - we don't need them?

I am not very sure it would still be possible to use Eclipse in order to
develop KDEJava apps. That may render KDEJava less attractive to some people
(me included :)

Otherwise, I think tighter integration with gcj can only help, especially at
autotools level. From my point of view, developing with the JDK runtime and
distributing the compiled binaries would be ideal -- that is, until an
opensource jdk becomes standard part of any distribution.

Regards,
Adrian.