[Kde-bindings] Release at the end of the month

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Wed Apr 14 17:22:10 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 14 April 2004 18:53, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> Do you intend to have additional "interim releases", or do you intend
> to no longer have kdebindings included in normal KDE releases, and
> *only* release it separately ?

I would like to see the normal releases like now, plus "interim releases"
which are targetted more towards developers. Normal releases would remain
targetted at end users.

As a developer it would suck having to wait 6 months just to get access to bug
fixes (to possibly development-stopping bugs) or new kdelibs functionality.
Sure, you can say "cvs co kdebindings" blah blah blah but that is a roadblock
for a lot of developers who might want to use the stuff in kdebindings but
don't have the time or ability to mess with compiling big chunks of C++. What
I'm trying to say is that "ease of use" is a very important part why people
use Python, Ruby, javascript etc.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/