[Kde-bindings] QWidgetFactory in ruby

ian reinhart geiser geiseri at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 12:38:16 UTC 2004

Richard Dale said:
> [22:56:19] <taj> QWidgetFactory sucks!
> [22:56:53] <taj> AFAIK you can't get widget metadata without actually
> instantiating the UI
> [22:57:17]  taj agrees that parsing the UI is a much better solution in
> the
> medium term
> [22:59:24]  taj would be very happy to be proven wrong though
> [23:03:45]  taj is working on an import hook for python that allows you
its up to you.  it works quite well in kjsembed.  we extract all metadata
before show is called.  The widget is created as in allocated, but is
still hidden.  how do you think the ui file icon preview works ;)

but its your choice... personally i hate writing code for the heck of it.

i do have something similar to the dcopref code in pydcop on the way for
UI files... maby this is what taj is talking about not sure.  its not very
hard, its actually harder to get the damn objects created in python than
to extract the metadata.

Cheers
	-ian reinhart geiser

--
--:Ian Reinhart Geiser <geiseri at yahoo.com>
--:Public Key: http://geiseri.myip.org/~geiseri/publickey.asc
--:Jabber: geiseri at geiseri.myip.org
--:Be an optimist -- at least until they start moving animals in
--:   pairs to Cape Canaveral. ~ Source Unknown