[Kde-bindings] Implementing Ruby DCOP

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 07:43:19 UTC 2003

On Friday 26 September 2003 08:23, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Friday 26 September 2003 07:57, Richard Dale wrote:
> > I like this one best at the moment:
> >  $kapp.dcopClient().emit clientDied(pid)
>
> Oops, I don't think that will work. It should be:
>
> $kapp.dcopClient().emit.clientDied(pid)
>
> All this emit does is take zero args and return self.
Here's another couple, emitting a block is more ruby-like perhaps?

   $kapp.dcopClient().emitDCOPSignal { clientDied(pid_t) }

   $kapp.dcopClient().emit { clientDied(pid_t) }

'emitDCOPSignal' name seems to long and noisy to me - I can't see what else a
dcopClient would be emitting other than a dcop signal.