[Kde-bindings] kalyptus can now generate a SmokeKDE library

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Thu Sep 18 14:57:44 UTC 2003

Le Jeudi 18 Septembre 2003 12:17, Richard Dale a écrit :

> That sounds fine. Put QWorkspace back in if you can find what the problem
> was. It might be better to remove the KDE class which caused it. I can't
> remember which one.

BTW, I've checked in a ./configure option :
  --with-smoke[=qt|kde|qt kde]
to decide wether smoke/qt, smoke/kde or both should be built.
Default is currently still qt only.

> > Should we name it libsmokekde.so and install libsmokeqt.so symlinks, or
> > just name it libsmokeqt.so?
>
> I think they should be seperate, so that people who just want to use Qt can
> link against libsmokeqt.so. I'm going to have a different extension called
> 'Korundum' which will link against libsmokekde.so, and have the extra KDE
> marshallers.

mmh, OK...
There's indeed the future KDE specific marshallers issue, so we need a
different name.
But as for your example, I don't see much point in having both libs installed
on the same system.
Speed is identical (just benchmarked). Memory footprint then?
(here:21 megs for forever.pl vs. 31 megs with the KDE smoke)

> > Germain
> > P.S: I got the Hello Word. Woot! woot! wooooot! 8)
>
> Brilliant! I've checked in the changes to Qt.cpp/Qt.rb in QtRuby so they
> load the KDE classes into the KDE:: namespace if they're found. Just link

actually, I used the same scheme as for Qt when possible, that is:
    $class =~ s/^Q/Qt::/ or
        $class =~ s/^K/KDE::/ or
        $class = "KDE::" . $class
    unless $class eq "Qt";