[Kde-bindings] kalyptus can now generate a SmokeKDE library

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Wed Sep 17 14:28:26 UTC 2003

Le Mardi 16 Septembre 2003 16:16, Richard Dale a écrit :
> I've just checked in some changes to the kalyptus parser and Smoke code
> generation, so it parses the current kdelibs ok - it just does the whole of
> the Qt/KDE libs and puts the whole lot in a single libsmokekde.so. It
> compiles, but I haven't tried it yet.

Yum! I hadn't any luck in linking it yet, but it does compile fine!
That's a wonderful playground you are opening there :-)

(ah, too bad KDE doesn't provide a file remembering compile-time defines...
we should suggest that to the kde-core folks. I tried a similar hack to what
you've commited for the translation macros, but I still get some misterious
missing symbols... might a be a b0rked CVS though, my copy is old and hacked)

> I've attached the contents of my kdebindings/smoke/kde build directory - I
> haven't checked in that because its changed in smoke/qt, and I haven't
> worked out the new way yet.
>
> I've added a file called kde_header_list which has all the headers
> beginning with 'k' in kdelibs, plus these:

I don't know if it could help for maintenance but I've made a script
extracting all installed headers name from Makefile.am's, see attachment.
You'd run it as :
find $KDEDIR/kdelibs -name Makefile.am | xargs perl get_headers.pl

> So I don't know if there are any show stopping ones there that can't be
> done without.
> The following KDE classes are also excluded:
>
> 	    $className eq 'KEditListBox::CustomEditor' ||
> 		$className eq 'KIO::KBookmarkMenuNSImporter' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KPerDomainSettings' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KApplicationPropsPlugin' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KPrinter' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KXMLGUIClient' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KOpenWithHandler' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KFileOpenWithHandler' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KBindingPropsPlugin' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KPropsDlgPlugin' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KFileSharePropsPlugin' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KFileItem' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KBookmarkMenuNSImporter' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KDevicePropsPlugin' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KWin::WindowInfo' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KFileMetaInfoProvider' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KFileMimeTypeInfo' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KExecPropsPlugin' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KFilePermissionsPropsPlugin' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KImageFilePreview' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KBookmarkManager' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KMainWindowInterface' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KBookmarkNotifier' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KOCRDialogFactory' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KExtendedBookmarkOwner' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KSharedPixmap' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KLibrary' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KScanDialogFactory' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KBufferedIO' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KExtendedSocket' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KDictSpellingHighlighter' ||
> 		$className eq 'KPropertiesDialog' ||
> 	    $className eq 'KStdAccel::ShortcutList' ||

Quite a list! It must have been a loooong compile fest to get here 8-|
 I wonder why you removed QWorkspace though?

> We can play with Perl and Ruby versions of KDE/Smoke v1 (woo hoo!) while
> Ashley finishes off Smoke v2. Then by the time he has finished we'll have
> example programs to test it with, and we'll know any special problems with
> marshalling etc with KDE.

Yes! Thank you so much  :-)

Germain
(warming up the three clients distcc to catch up at last with current CVS :-)°
)