[Kde-bindings] kalyptus can now generate a SmokeKDE library

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Sep 16 15:16:29 UTC 2003

I've just checked in some changes to the kalyptus parser and Smoke code
generation, so it parses the current kdelibs ok - it just does the whole of
the Qt/KDE libs and puts the whole lot in a single libsmokekde.so. It
compiles, but I haven't tried it yet.

I've attached the contents of my kdebindings/smoke/kde build directory - I
haven't checked in that because its changed in smoke/qt, and I haven't worked
out the new way yet.

I've added a file called kde_header_list which has all the headers beginning
with 'k' in kdelibs, plus these:

dcopclient.h
dcopobject.h
dom/dom_node.h
dom/dom_string.h
dom/html_document.h
dom/dom2_range.h

Then it excludes these headers in the generate.pl file:
	'kxmlguifactory.h' => 1,
	'kxmlguibuilder.h' => 1,
	'kallocator.h' => 1,
	'klibloader.h' => 1,
	'kled.h' => 1,
	'kicontheme.h' => 1,
	'kglobal.h' => 1,
	'kscreensaver.h' => 1,
	'kasyncio.h' => 1,
	'ksslcertificate.h' => 1,
	'kmdcodec.h' => 1,
	'kmdichildfrmcaption.h' => 1,
	'kmdichildarea.h' => 1,
	'kmdichildfrm.h' => 1,
	'kmdichildarea.h' => 1,
	'kmdichildview.h' => 1,
	'kmdidefines.h' => 1,
	'kmdimainfrm.h' => 1,
	'kmditaskbar.h' => 1,
	'ksslpkcs12.h' => 1,
	'kdirnotify_stub.h' => 1,
	'kopenssl.h' => 1,
	'kdebug.h' => 1,
	'khtml_events.h' => 1,
	'khtml_part.h' => 1,
	'khtmlview.h' => 1,
	'kautomount.h' => 1,
	'kdirlister.h' => 1,
	'kimagefilepreview.h' => 1,
	'kpropertiesdialog.h' => 1,
	'krun.h' => 1,
	'knotifydialog.h' => 1,
	'kautoconfigdialog.h' => 1,
	'ksockaddr.h' => 1,

So I don't know if there are any show stopping ones there that can't be done
without. The following KDE classes are also excluded:

	    $className eq 'KEditListBox::CustomEditor' ||
		$className eq 'KIO::KBookmarkMenuNSImporter' ||
	    $className eq 'KPerDomainSettings' ||
	    $className eq 'KApplicationPropsPlugin' ||
	    $className eq 'KPrinter' ||
	    $className eq 'KXMLGUIClient' ||
	    $className eq 'KOpenWithHandler' ||
	    $className eq 'KFileOpenWithHandler' ||
	    $className eq 'KBindingPropsPlugin' ||
	    $className eq 'KPropsDlgPlugin' ||
	    $className eq 'KFileSharePropsPlugin' ||
	    $className eq 'KFileItem' ||
	    $className eq 'KBookmarkMenuNSImporter' ||
	    $className eq 'KDevicePropsPlugin' ||
	    $className eq 'KWin::WindowInfo' ||
	    $className eq 'KFileMetaInfoProvider' ||
	    $className eq 'KFileMimeTypeInfo' ||
	    $className eq 'KExecPropsPlugin' ||
	    $className eq 'KFilePermissionsPropsPlugin' ||
	    $className eq 'KImageFilePreview' ||
	    $className eq 'KBookmarkManager' ||
	    $className eq 'KMainWindowInterface' ||
	    $className eq 'KBookmarkNotifier' ||
	    $className eq 'KOCRDialogFactory' ||
	    $className eq 'KExtendedBookmarkOwner' ||
	    $className eq 'KSharedPixmap' ||
	    $className eq 'KLibrary' ||
	    $className eq 'KScanDialogFactory' ||
	    $className eq 'KBufferedIO' ||
	    $className eq 'KExtendedSocket' ||
	    $className eq 'KDictSpellingHighlighter' ||
		$className eq 'KPropertiesDialog' ||
	    $className eq 'KStdAccel::ShortcutList' ||

We can play with Perl and Ruby versions of KDE/Smoke v1 (woo hoo!) while
Ashley finishes off Smoke v2. Then by the time he has finished we'll have
example programs to test it with, and we'll know any special problems with
marshalling etc with KDE.