[Kde-bindings] Introspector

Ashley Winters jahqueel at yahoo.com
Thu May 22 18:14:00 UTC 2003

James,

Thanks for checking out the Smoke/Binge interface goodies. I've been
writing a new GCC::TranslationUnit module in Perl, where I could
replace with your module perfectly! If you could take a look and let me
know if there's anything I'm doing that would leave incompatibilities
with plugging your format in, I'd appreciate it.

cvs -d:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/perlqt \
    co -r gcc-xml PerlQt-3/XML

The GCC/TranslationUnit.pm module could easily be changed to read your
format, and I'd want the GCC/Node/* modules would remain intact (so I
could still generate my XML API format.

I'm trying to remember if my last CVS commit left it working... :)

Also, I don't think I left any instructions on how to use it in
there...

use GCC::TranslationUnit;   # replace this with Introspector::GCC ?
use GCC::Node::XML;   # allow use of xml() and xmllist()
use XML::Simple;

$tree = GCC::TranslationUnit::Parser->parsefile("file.c.tu")->root;
# The $tree generated from your format could and should match mine

print XMLout($tree->xmllist);

fini.

Ashley Winters