[Kde-bindings] Readable GCC dump parser

Ashley Winters jahqueel at yahoo.com
Sun May 11 19:27:15 UTC 2003

Howdy folks,

I've started my final GCC -fdump parsing program, which will be the
base of the next major release of PerlQt. I've written a generic
GCC::TranslationUnit module which has no XML-voodoo-specific code in
there. I plan to keep it that way, so I can stick it separately on CPAN
and perhaps snag a GCC developer who has an urge to Perl.

It includes a very readable (if I do say so myself) and well-commented
translation-unit parsing module, which you may want to take a look at.
It doesn't "do" anything yet, except read in -fdump-translation-unit
files, but it's already got the GCC macros mapped into Perl-space (see
GCC::Node::* modules).

If anyone feels compelled to take a look, it's in the gcc-xml branch of
PerlQt's cvs:

cvs -d:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/perlqt \
    co -r gcc-xml PerlQt-3/XML

That will be my playground for generating an XML API for Qt/KDE for the
forseeable future. I'm planning on having an XML file created by the
framework sometime this week, after which I'll tackle generating the
QtC-alike library.

I've had my fill of working exclusively with Qt... I'm not releasing
anything that doesn't work with KDE as well. :)

Ashley Winters