[Kde-bindings] Re: kdebindings/qtruby (silent)

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Wed Jul 30 14:03:55 UTC 2003

[moving cc to kde-bindings]

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 03:22:22PM +0200, Alexander Kellett wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 01:11:47PM +0200, Richard Dale wrote:
> > CVS commit by rdale:
> > Directory /home/kde/kdebindings/qtruby added to the repository
>
> yay!, you rock!
>
> /me updates to check if its got method lookup thats okay
> for ambigious type overides :) (no idea how to say that with correct lingo)
>
> btw. 0.6 tarball worked well for me other than above thing
> which was kind of a show stopper for going any further
> in my app :(

okay. not sure if the ruby_push_ary stuff fixes the ambigious
methods problem. but reading over the diff against 0.6, two
thinks strike as nice, 1) lack of hellish number of comments
everywhere, and 2) qApp *is* way nicer than qapp :)

so, wrt the methods problem (i.e, multiple methods with same
name and different signature), is that likely to be fixed
soon? (assuming that its not already fixed?) it would be
really nice to be able to create popupmenus ;-)

else. if you are out of time (i really hope not), i'm
really not at all interested in doing any real c++ at
the moment, but bindings work could be fun, so, any
chance you could fill in the TODO list with a few things
i could help out on?, first thing i'll do is to take a
look for an answer to your "include Qt" question first.

maybe i could work on dcop related ruby stuff.
though, thinks like dcopidl are pretty irrelevant
as ruby is a dynamic language in any case, best
option would be a easy to use module/baseclass
to provide for a completely dynamic dcop iface.

thanks Richard!!!!
Alex