[Kde-bindings] ruby bindings

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Fri Jul 18 18:22:48 UTC 2003

Le Jeudi 03 Juillet 2003 14:05, Richard Dale a écrit :
> I adapted the Qt Designer cppeditor plugin for java as 'javaeditor' to see
> what could be customised via a Designer plugin. Unfortunately I found it
> isn't possible to customise the lists of signal/slot types displayed to
> show java,

Ah, interesting... I faced the same issues with the perleditor.
Now, if there are more and more people interested in having Designer plugins,
things could change fast.
I've forwarded most important issues/wishlist items upstream ( bug in the
DesignerFormWindow::addFunction() interface, isCpp() locks all over the
place, need for a language agnostic function/slot dialog, and more generally
better access to the MetaDataBase) and so far had good feedback (though
*very* slowly).
The only stumbling block left in 3.2 is a one and only isCpp() lock, that was
most unfortunately forgotten by Marius B. Monsen when he removed the others
(so that's another roundtrip through qt-bugs@ :-(( )

Could I send a reminder mentionning your work as well (and maybe the ongoing
work on ruby?) ?

Anyway, for what concerns the signal/slot dialog, I found out that it was
possible to turnaround by using the classbrowser interface, with quite some
sore hacks, to mimic the "Members" tab behaviour (a tab that is disabled when
your plugin isn't Cpp)...
From there, you can produce custom signal/slot registering dialogs, and
register the input in the MetaDataBase by using
DesignerFormWindow::addFunction(), which is now fixed.

It doesn't fix the global function/slot dialog problem, but it does add an
alternate, target language friendly way of inputing functions/slots...

Germain