[Kde-bindings] Re: AW: AW: [Kde-perl] PerlQt port for Qtopia / Zaurus?

Phil Thompson phil at river-bank.demon.co.uk
Sun Jan 26 19:40:18 UTC 2003

On Sunday 26 January 2003 6:43 pm, Richard Dale wrote:
> On Sunday 26 January 2003 4:00 pm, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > On Sunday 26 January 2003 3:11 pm, Richard Dale wrote:
> > > Interesting problem - I hadn't thought of that. I not sure if it
> > > happens in practice in Qt/KDE. Maybe there are few enough examples that
> > > it could be got round by hacking/special casing the affected methods.
> >
> > There are 16 occurences (I think) in Qt v3.
>
> So not enough exceptions to write off the proxy slot approach vs. Ashley's
> 'hack the metadata', if these 'anomalies' can be expressed in a language
> independent way (via XML, or hard coded perl tables in a bindings
> generation tool or whatever)..

PyQt doesn't have any problems with the proxy slot approach. SIP recognises
special types that provide the additional information required to generate
the correct code.  For example...

QAccel::connectItem(int id,const QObject *receiver,const char * member)

...is defined as...

QAccel::connectItem(int,SIP_RXOBJ_CON,SIP_SLOT_CON(int))

Phil