[Kde-bindings] -fdump-translation-unit parser

Ashley Winters jahqueel at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 06:01:23 UTC 2003

--- Germain Garand <germain at ebooksfrance.com> wrote:
> Le Jeudi 09 Janvier 2003 04:32, Ashley Winters a écrit :
> Incredible...
> And I just spent three days on kalyptus just to get the preprocessing
> right on
> Qt/e. It's nearly painful :-}
>
> What's the meaning of __comp in the  __comp_ctor/__comp_dtor
> functions ?

compiler

> Have you found a spec of the format ?

Yeah. Try grabbing it out of GCC cvsweb:

http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/doc/c-tree.texi?rev=1.39&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Yahoo might line-break that, so just read doc/c-tree.texi from gcc.
What -fdump-t-u does is take the c-tree and write it to a file. My
parser restores it to the in-memory state that's specified in that doc.

Ashley Winters