[Kde-bindings] QPaintDevice bitBlt() missing from SMOKE runtime

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Tue Aug 26 19:46:42 UTC 2003

Le Mardi 26 Août 2003 08:57, Richard Dale a écrit :
> So if it doesn't find the method in the normal way, it has a look in
> QGlobalSpace before giving up. There would be a problem if there was
> already a method with that name in the current class because it would hide
> any global ones - maybe that doesn't matter in practice.

I have tested this solution in PerlQt and it works fine but I have to say I
don't find it entirely satisifying.
It's a kind of simulated inheritance, but classes don't _truely_ inherit from
GlobalSpace (unlike they all formally inherit the Qt namespace for instance).

So there is logical inconsistancies: you can call qCompress() from a
Qt-derived class, but not from your main package.
And what about Qt::Scrollview.qCompress() ? That doesn't feel right.

I think I'd rather implement a package that you can request, and that will
import all the GlobalScope symbols into the current namespace (with a "use
Qt::GlobalScope;" statement).
Not sure if it's a real problem though.

Germain