[Kde-bindings] QPaintDevice bitBlt() missing from SMOKE runtime

Ashley Winters jahqueel at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 20:49:06 UTC 2003

--- Alexander Kellett <lypanov at kde.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 25, 2003 at 05:57:41PM +0100, Germain Garand wrote:
> > Oh I see... Alexander wanted to silent the -Wnon-virtual-dtor
> warning, so he
> > added "virtual" to the smoke dtors.
> > This is wrong, because it enforces a virtual dtor on classes like
> QRect,
> > QPoint, QFont, et al.
>
> oh, eek. please revert if you wish to else i'll
> do so soon. any idea what the correct fix is?
> i really don't get this stuff in c++ at all... :)

The correct (for my definition of /correct/) fix is to never derive
from classes which would cause -Wnon-virtual-dtor to warn. Those
classes forfeit the right to publish their protected interface to
Smoke, and we should only ever call their public methods.

How that is done is left as an exercise for the reader. :)

Ashley Winters