[Kde-bindings] QPaintDevice bitBlt() missing from SMOKE runtime

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.org
Mon Aug 25 20:25:26 UTC 2003

Le Lundi 25 Août 2003 19:54, Richard Dale a écrit :
> > What about Qglobal ?
> > Qt::global::bitBlt() looks fine to me as a fully qualified call.
>
> No, it doesn't look right to me! - bitBlt() is a QPaintDevice thing, not
> something that should be global. I don't understand why bitBlt() isn't a
> QPaintDevice static method in C++ - is it an efficiency thing? There is a
> similar problem with KImageEffect in the KDE api with various C only
> functions which aren't OO.

I don't know... probably because it doesn't work on any QPaintDevice?
Being able to call QPainter::bitBlt() wouldn't make much sense...

I find it OK to consider it as a global tool that can manipulate a restricted
set of devices... but I have to admit I'm heavily biased toward the moto "the
more we stick to Qt, the less hassle for users/documentation/maintaining"
:-)