[Kde-bindings] QtRuby Hello World

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Sat Aug 2 15:17:25 UTC 2003

On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 03:30:30PM +0100, Richard Dale wrote:
> Right, good.. thats, thats then agreed. It's the kind of thing thats really
> easy before you've got a user base, and then just one stroppy guy can cause a
> fuss.

yup :(

> This link has an interesting discussion of how signals/slots should look in
> ruby:
> http://www.ruby-talk.org/32967

looks *very* nice but depends on
more signal/slot metaobject
introspection. or, can the bindings
already provide that information?
umm.. very interesting.

> But I think the current 'slots ..' and 'signals ..' lists look ok apart from
> the C++ types in them. That could probably be fixed - I don't have the user
> seeing and C++ in the java bindings. Although I would prefer there to be a
> standard 'scripting view' of the Qt C++ types - who wants to see 'const
> QString&' or whatever in a scripting language?

certainly not me, and as ruby is non typed it
would be just plain brilliant if one could
put the parameter names themselves in there.
but, what about ambigious slots/signals?
not even sure they can exist mind, but, if
they do, i'm not sure its even possible to
do the above :(

cheers,
Alex