[Kde-bindings] Re: kdebindings/qtruby (silent)

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Sat Aug 2 14:03:15 UTC 2003

On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 05:23:40PM +0100, Richard Dale wrote:
> > after your latest changes i had to mod the require in Qt.cpp to say
> > Qt/Qt.rb in place of lib/Qt/Qt.rb. and now t1.rb works again!.
> Confusing! I've changed it to that in the cvs. But of course it only works now
> when it's installed, and doesn't run 'in situ' when I'm developing it.

yes. noticed this yesterday :(

i ended up just setting the appropriate
site_ruby dirs as alex:users and doing
a make install each time i made a
modification.

> > actually. i'm using kde 3.1 here with just the interesting parts of
> > head kdebindings package (smoke and qtruby) therefore, i'm guessing
> > its quite possible to package up the ruby bindings.
> >
> > the tar.gz is 900kb and could probably be trimmed quite a bit more.
> Yes, maybe it would be a good idea to have Sourceforge site for it like
> PerlQt.

possibly. but personally i'd suggest getting a
kde.org account given the lack of reliability
that sourceforge has displayed in the past.
(though, web is usually good admittedly)

i'll package it up at some point and put it
up on my website. (lypanov.net)

cheers,
Alex