[Kde-bindings] QTJava

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 29 20:30:07 UTC 2003

On Thursday 13 March 2003 9:35 am, Arzamasov Alexey wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I have a question related to subject: QTJava is implemented using JNI
> native calls so it is not posible to override 'real qt' methods?
> e.g. I need to draw a grid within QListView. So I'm going to override
> QListViewItem::painCell. How do I do this in QTJava? Is it possible at
> all?
No I'm afraid not, this particular method isn't implemented as a callback from
the java bindings, and so you can't override that C++ method with a java one.

Although you can override event handling methods, and a some other callbacks
like QtValidator ones for instance.

But certainly, implementing all the C++ virtual methods in the Qt/KDE apis is
right at the top of the todo list for the java bindings.