Interest in hosting Akademy 2018

Stefan Derkits stefan at derkits.at
Tue Jun 6 22:26:20 UTC 2017

Hello,

On 2017-06-02 02:18, Stefan Derkits wrote:
> You can expect a draft proposal soon, but I hope you work together with
> us to check the (financial) feasability & requirements of the location.

I hope my first mail about interest in Akademy 2018 wasn't too late (it
was 2 am on June 2nd in Austria, but for sure still June 1st somewhere
else ;) ).

I wanted to give you a quick update, especially with questions:

While there is still a 1 week feedback period on their side, I got a
positive reply from the local Student representation, that they would
support Akademy 2018 and thus reserve the rooms for free. This makes a
proposal from Vienna 90 % sure.

I gave the Akademy Team access to the draft proposal (on share.kde.org),
but there is no "Board" Team.

@Board/Akademy Team: I would have some questions, I hope you could
answer them:
-) In order to get the lecture halls & other rooms for free, the rooms
would need to be reserved by "Fachschaft Informatik", the local computer
science reprentation. They would of course be reserved for Akademy, but
if KDE eV would act as registrar of the rooms it would be much more
expensive. Would such a construct (that a local organization reserves
the rooms) OK?
-) Apart from reservation, what extra costs for the venue do you think
are necessary/need to be in the proposal? Is cleaning (e.g. of the
toilets) needed at the weekend or would once (before the conference) be
enough. A/V equipment for recording the talks? Security (I guess only if
requested by the Venue)?
-) What sort of accomodation is wanted for the sposored accomodation?
Single/Twin rooms only or would dormitories also be OK?

It would also be nice if we could organize a IRC "meeting" in the next
week, to go over questions and the draft proposal. I know you're
probably busy with organizing Akademy 2017, but the Call For Hosts isn't
that extensive and so I'm unsure what is definitly needed in the proposal.
If no such meeting is possible, should I send questions to both Board &
Akademy team or maybe only to Akademy team or to someone personally?? :)

Greetings,
Stefan