Amarok 3.0 beta (2.9.82) out now

Tuomas Nurmi tuomas at norsumanageri.org
Fri Apr 12 21:17:22 BST 2024

Dear packagers & everyone
Long time user, first time releaser here.
After some years of alpha, I am happy to to announce the immediate
availability of Amarok 3.0 beta, version number 2.9.82.

I am doing this process based on the project's somewhat archaic RELEASE_HOWTO
instructions, so please don't hesitate to inform me if something should be
done differently nowadays.

Here you can find the beta tarball for the upcoming 3.0 release:
https://download.kde.org/unstable/amarok/2.9.82/
amarok-2.9.82.tar.xz.mirrorlist

sha256sum: amarok-2.9.82.tar.xz
6c919bc01c34b85da0c7c276c740b5e712766824ddda04e3f2f276ebdbd3f8f8

Depending on reactions, we plan to release another beta or the final 3.0 about
3 weeks from now but please make this available to users via a specialized
beta archive for packaging if possible. We hope to get as much testers for
this beta.

3.0 is/will be KF5-based. After possibly some 3.0.x bugfix releases, an effort
will be made to port to Qt6/KF6, and hopefully have such version available in
this year still.

Thanks for packaging.

Tuomas Nurmi / "The Amarok Team"